The Brick-Meger Funeral Home has had a longtime presence in Owatonna. Founded in 1897, the original location was on Cedar Avenue in downtown Owatonna. This location served as both a funeral home and furniture store. Around the turn of the century, funeral directors were also cabinetmakers. The undertaker would make all the burial arrangements with the family and then return to his shop to construct the casket.
In 1964, the business moved to it present location on Austin Road. Through the 120+ year history of the business, it has seen several changes in ownership. Bill Brick ran the business until 1988. James Postlewaite assumed ownership at that time and operated it until the present owner, Glen A. Meger, took over in 2000.